Friday, April 17, 2009

Lecture: April 16, 2009

Today's lecture was very interesting. The simple fact that our food goes through so much more then we very even begin to think about. Micheal Pollan, I was shocked by the cost of supporting soy, corn, ect. in government dollars. I was also concerned by the waste, green house gases, and fuel use by agriculture in the U.S. School lunches need to go to the department of education and be removed from the department of agriculture. I love farmers markets and support ant local victory garden. I am shocked with the short film on the fresh produce in Brooklyn. I am happy to see that people are getting together as a community and raising fresh produce. Considering that half the population are developing type 2 diabetes. And children developing heart conditions. We can control our health our food and our environment by simply adding a garden to our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment