Friday, May 1, 2009
Gary Liss
Gary Liss was from "Zero Waste". The basic thought is that bad design crates waste. If you change the design you can eliminate the waste. Gary even showed that if we recycle and compost all discards in CA it would equal the elimination of all auto exhaust. The program of zero waste is do-able. I was impressed by all the cities in the bay area trying this project. Even grocery stores are attempting this by lowering their shrink and putting produce into recycle for feed and compost. I was shocked by the toxins from a simply napkin. (dioxin, chloroform, formaldehyde). We subsidize bad wastes practices we pay and pay for waste, so there is no savings into leaving things the way they are. It is only thorough our responsible actions, vision, and caring nature that zero waste can happen. I am on board and looking for ways I can eliminate all the waste possible in my personal life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment